Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cocktails With eM

DIY cocktail
eM isn’t a big cocktail drinker so when she asked me to make her something the pressure was on. 

I was inspired to do something special for her and so the muse was upon me.  I dusted off some things from the cabinet and realized that we’ve accumulated a bizarre variety of liquors throughout the years.

I grabbed the following ingredients:
  • OJ from the fridge
  • Seltzer water
  • Gray Goose – orange (just a reminder that I'm not paid to endorse any product or service :)
  • Crème de Banana
  • Triple Sec
  • Crème de Cassis, Black Currant
eM liked the result (and I don’t think she was just being kind).

Here’s how I made it:

Fill up a tall glass with ice.
Pour the following, in the following order:
  • 1/5 of the glass – Gray Goose – Orange
  • 1/5 of the glass – Crème de Banana
  • Heavy splash – Triple Sec
  • 1/5 of the glass – Orange Juice
  • Rest of the glass – Seltzer Water
  • Stir all the ingredients
  • Light Splash – Crème de Cassis – don’t stir after you’ve added this piece
  • Garnish with a slice of orange
Now all I need is a name for this concoction.  Ideas?

Cheers!


***

No comments:

Post a Comment